Print this page
Send by mail
Add to Favourites
Increase font size
Decrease font size
- Balance sheet »
- financial statement of resources (liabilities, i.e. debts) and uses (assets, i.e. property) of a company at a given date.
- Bond »
- debt security.
- Broker »
- intermediary between individual or institutional investors and the market. Brokers are in charge of transmitting and executing orders, as well as managing the securities’ delivery and payment. These intermediaries are stock-broking companies, banks and online brokers.
- Brokerage fee »
- commission paid by a shareholder for the execution of an order. Its amount depends on the broker’s prices and the amount of the transaction.
- BRS (Bond Redeemable in Shares) »
- bonds paid back in shares of the issuer. BRSes create no funds flow for payback and automatically turn into equity, as opposed to convertible bonds for which there is always a risk that the bond is not converted when it reaches maturity date.
- BRSC (Bond Redeemable in Shares or Cash) »
- short-term bonds that can be paid back either in new shares or in cash, depending on the realization of pre-determined hypotheses. For example, they can be issued in the context of a takeover bid, under the condition that if the bid is successful the bonds will be redeemable in shares of the issuer / buyer and that if the bid fails they will be redeemable in cash, since the buyer will then not need the cash collected via their issuance.