Deliver growth with lower risk
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 154,000 employees, based in 76 countries, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multichannel financial services on the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, financial services and insurance with a presence in emerging economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale is included in the main socially responsible investment indices: Dow Jones Sustainability Index (Europe), FSTE4Good (Global and Europe) and all the STOXX ESG Leaders indices.
For more information, you can follow us on twitter @societegenerale.
Fully unlock the Group’s growth potential
Societe Generale’s portfolio of activities is unique in that it offers, compared to a large number of peers, significant potential for sustainable and profitable growth. In addition to holding significant competitive advantages, the Group operates in geographies with significant potential going forward.
The Group is fully committed to accelerate this growth through more than 50 initiatives involving all its business lines and reflecting the “Ambition SG 2015” plan. In a nutshell, Societe Generale aspires to the following accomplishments:
- Be the benchmark for customer satisfaction in French retail banking,
- Top 3 in Central and Eastern Europe and Russia,
- Top 5 position in Europe in Corporate & investment banking,
- For the Group as a whole, return to profitable and mainly organic growth over the 2009-2015 period.
Transform the operational model and strictly control risks
Capitalising on the lessons learnt from the crisis, Societe Generale will continue to adapt to the environment and, by focusing on:
- The improvement of its operational efficiency through the industrialisation of processes and the pooling of resources
- The development of internal synergies
- Attracting talents and developing best practices in terms of management
- A constant and reinforced vigilance on risk control
Accelarating the transformation
Based on its strengths and with the conviction that a new environment has started to emerge after the summer of 2011, the Group has decided to accelerate and to adapt the execution of its strategic plan. It will therefore be able to meet the new regulatory requirements with a Basel 3 Core Tier 1 well above 9% by the end of 2013 with no capital increase.